Jan 26, 2010

Trouble Brewing in the Bumbo Chair

Somehow, sometimes normal logic just goes completely out the window. The other day Jack was being such a great little boy, hanging out in his Bumbo chair rocking back and forth, without a care in the world. He had his toys, his toes, and was watching Daddy look for geese out the sliding glass door.

Then I smelled it. I didn't get too worked up b/c I figured it was just like any other poo and Greg and I would double-team it and get him cleaned right up. But this time, when I opened the diaper, I found nothing...just a little brown streak headed up the back side of the dipe. What the?Upon further inspection, I found that the VAST majority of the poo had made its way out of the top of the diaper, and all the way up Jackson's back, darn near to the hairline.

As you can imagine, this caused a wave of panic through my body that could've sunk the Titanic. There was no way I was going to be able to delicately remove the now-ruined onesie without getting it all over my son, so I just started unsnapping and pulled. GROOOOOOOOSSSSSSS! It was up the back, all over the sides, in his hair, on his hands, on his feet, it was everywhere.

But it gets better. As I was attempting to clean up the poo, and about 14 wipes later, I had gotten out a fresh outfit. Then, whoops! A stream of pee went straight up in the air, then smacked Jackson in the face, managing to get in his eyes, his ears, and of course, his hair.

By this point I was about gagging, but I knew I had to press on. Finally I was able to get Jackson off the changing table and onto the floor where I cleaned him up and got the new outfit on. In hindsight, he should've just gone straight to the tub, but if you'll remember, I was in shock and panicking.

Anyway, one giant poo, 14 wipes and about a gallon of pee later, I'm happy to report that Jackson and Mom are clean and dry. Where was Daddy during this mayhem? After helping me clean up Jack's back, he started gagging and had to leave the room. No iron gut there.

What's the moral of this tale? If you see a kid rocking back and forth in a Bumbo chair and grunting, he's probably brewing up trouble. :)

2 comments:

  1. big time LOL going on over here! what a fabulous story. i feel your pain fellow mama :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At one point I actually thought he could go blind or something from peeing in his eyes. Turns out he's okay though. :)

    ReplyDelete